“Your warehouse is not an island: if you have a WMS, it needs to be able to talk to your ERP system” – regardless the size of your business and what kind of warehouse you run. Read about ERP Systems and WMS integration.
Did you know that ERP systems are the backbone of any wholesale or distribution processes and enabling the flow of information between functional areas? A Highly specialized ERP system, like SAP Business One, may include a robust supply chain execution functionality. But more typically, ERP software offers capabilities for managing inventory, such as tracking the process of items as they are picked, packed and shipped.
Some business- particularly those with high-volume and highly-automated distribution facilities – can add to their ERP system a dedicated warehouse management system, or WMS, to digitize and automate all aspects of their inventory control.
A WMS provides more sophisticated warehouse functionality that comes as standard with an ERP system. Most of the times an ERP system like SAP Business One can be enough for certain companies, but there are particular cases in which it will be necessary to add a WMS.
This enables organizations to continuously monitor products’ progress as they move in, through and out of the warehouse; keep the receipt, storage and movement of goods under control; and use real-time intelligence to optimize product location and shelf duration, helping them make smarter use of space.
At Consensus International we help small to midsized businesses optimize their warehouse operations with SAP Business One, software that focuses on the movement of inventories and their count so you can efficiently deliver on promise, keep customer satisfaction high and cost-effectively manage your supply chain, and more.
If you need to integrate your ERP software with your WMS, please contact us.
With SAP Business One you will:
- Improve customer loyalty using up-to-date sales and marketing data, forecasts, order history, and promotion tracking
- Gain full visibility into your business, from profitability and margins to sales, marketing, and CRM
- Use powerful demand forecasting tools to make better, more cost-effective buying decisions
- Protect low margins with a complete view of supplier information, from purchasing to stock management
- View inventory, sales, orders, and pricing as well as products in your distribution, dispatch, and returns pipeline
- Integrate and standardize processes across your business locations
Warehouse Management System will allow you to:
- Achieve the speed and agility your business needs to be competitive in today’s market
- Provide management with real-time information you need to make confident decisions
- Enable your customer service team to keep customers in the loop
- Update purchasing based on what has or has not been delivered
- Implement customer-centric picking strategies such as customer-driven shelf life combined with FEFO stock rotation
- Improve billing speed and accuracy
Spotlight on Success
DEL SUR, Food and Beverage Distribution
“As a young growing Company (doubling our sales per year) we needed a strong platform for our systems, our controls, and our planning. I love that SAP Business One allows total visibility of the information”
Francisco Borrero, CEO
Andes Global Trading, International Meat Traders
“The visibility that SAP Business One brings to our operations has been priceless, and we’ve experienced a 30% annual growth since the implementation. The Consensus team has been by our side the whole time: they are highly qualified and trustworthy.”
Santiago Manzur, Partner and COO