Keeping landfills free of cartridges with Consensus Intl and SAP Business One
When you are in the reverse logistics business some processes can be more challenging than they appear. Global Surplus Exchange/Blue Trading purchases empty or unwanted inventory
of ink and toner cartridges from all over the world. Upon receiving the orders, which include thousands of SKUs and parts that rarely match the information on the PO, they classify them and make sure they can be reused or refurbished. Then they sell them to refurbishing companies or end-users.
Before: Challenges and Opportunities
- Visibility and management of data and information was a challenge.
- Reverse logistics process didn’t match regular ERP or Management systems
- Thousands of SKUs and parts made the receiving and inspection process lengthy and complicated
Why SAP and Consensus
- There are a lot of functionalities in SAP Business One and it is also flexible to connect with Add-ons to adjust to the company’s needs.
- SAP Business One offers licenses structured on-demand with pretty good value and the possibility to scale them up.
- Consensus is a reliable partner, convincing, and always there to help us improve and get the best out of the system. With them, every month or two we learn more about the software.
After: Value-Driven Results
- Fully committed to the e-commerce trend, Blue Trading is partnering with Consensus and SAP Business One to succeed in this new phase of their growth plan.
- Integration with the merchant platform was created to be able to ship and bill customers in real-time. This allows them to get the real profit margin by product and operation after the shipping & handling and sales tax have been added to the product.
With Consensus and SAP Business One we were able to create our own documents and our own system.
Alfredo Alvarado, Founder and CFO, Blue Trading.
About Global Sur Plus Exchange
At Global Surplus Exchange (GSE) we have created a platform for vendors worldwide to easily sell their surplus inventory. We understand it can be difficult to move 2nd and 3rd generation products; therefore, we have created a direct and profitable method to sell your surplus merchandise. Utilizing our experience in the reverse logistics industry with the help of our well-established connections in Central and South America, GSE can help your business prosper.
Click here to learn more about Global Sur Plus Exchange
You might also like: