Building a strong cloud-based platform with SAP Business One ® to sustain exponential growth.
Jamaica Cottage Shop, Inc. is a premier builder of fine post and beam garden buildings like tool sheds, cottages, & wood sheds. Built by Vermont tradesmen, each structure is crafted with a personality of its own creating a distinctive and aesthetically pleasing sight that will enhance any landscape. This is a B2C manufacturing company with a heavy focus on online marketing. CRM software was always core to their business model, but their growth and vision demanded a strong integrated cloud-based ERP with manufacturing, financials, and inventory controls.They chose SAP Business One.
Before: Challenges and Opportunities
- After 10 years with the main focus in the CRM function (using Salesforce for the past 5 years) they saw the need for an ERP that included a strong built-in CRM as well as other functions.
- Sourcing their materials (native lumber grown in the US), is complex with many variables. Inventory control was a challenge.
- Vision to have all their IT infrastructure cloud-based.
- With exponential growth, quality control becomes more and more difficult.
- Getting real-time information for better decision making was not easy.
Why SAP and Consensus
- SAP Business One offers an integration of the CRM built in combined with manufacturing, financials and inventory controls.
- Consensus is the partner that understood the challenges that we were facing; they’ve been responsive and able to give us the information that we needed. They guided us through the process and helped us complement the solution and the architecture we needed.
- Cloud-based ERP.
After: Value-Driven Results.
- Better quality control built in the ERP system.
- Everyone has access to key real-time information when and where they need it.
- Improved Inventory control and sourcing the process to ensure when a material is needed, it is here in the yard.
- Management has strong and user-friendly dashboards for the day to day controls.
- Real time information, financial reports always available.
- Smart working and connectivity. Ready for remote work, ahead of the curve.
“As the 2020 pandemic struck in the US, being on SAP Business One was a major benefit for us. We were already ahead of the curve and were able to have the team work remotely when needed. We feel that we are very well positioned and very well prepared for what’s coming next. We are looking to double the size of the Company in revenue, volume and size.”
Domenic Mangano, Founder. Jamaica Cottage Shop. South Londonderry (VT). EEUU
About Jamaica Cottage Shop
Jamaica Cottage Shop, Inc. is a privately held company, founded in 1995 by Domenic Mangano in the town of Jamaica, Vermont. Now located in South Londonderry, Vermont, we are premier builders of fine post and beam garden buildings like tool sheds, cottages, & wood sheds. Built by Vermont tradesmen, each structure is crafted with a personality of its own creating a distinctive and aesthetically pleasing sight that will enhance any landscape. We offer complete design-to-finish solutions for clients searching for a special sanctuary.