Drag and Relate in SAP Business One
Drag & Relate is an interactive tool based on predefined system queries. You use it to create reports and to display information about business processes. The user-friendly interface helps you find important information quickly, and locate different objects or documents in SAP Business One. For example, you can generate a report on all items or item groups, or all purchase orders that you created for a particular vendor.
The Drag & Relate queries allow you to search for data both in reports and in the master data, such as G/L accounts and business partners.
The Drag & Relate menu is a tab in the SAP Business One Main Menu.
Use Drag & Relate to quickly produce reports and access information in SAP Business One. You drag master data or system setup data, for example, business partner master data, item groups, accounts or payment terms, and relate it to business process information, for example A/R invoices, deliveries, purchase orders, or service calls.
1. From the SAP Business One Main Menu, choose the Drag & Relate tab. All the menus available for Drag & Relate queries appear.
2. Click the folder icons to open the relevant menu. For example, to generate a report on all A/R invoices that were created for one particular customer, choose Business Partners and Sales – A/R.
3. Double-click the item Business Partners in the Business Partners folder. The Drag & Relate – Business Partners window appears and shows a list of all business partners in your company.
4. Place the mouse cursor on the BP Code field for the required business partner, hold the left mouse button until a black rectangle appears, drag this to, and release the mouse button.
If the result of a query is a single record, SAP Business One opens this record in a separate window. If more than one document matches the query criteria, the Drag & Relate window displays a report.
If you have dragged an object incorrectly, or there are no matching query records, the error message No matching records found is displayed in the status bar. You used the Drag & Relate function and the application displays a report.
1. In the Drag & Relate report, left-click a value in any of the columns until a black rectangle appears, drag it to the (Filter Table) icon, and release the mouse button.
The Filter Table window appears, in which the first filter criterion is already specified. If you want to narrow your search down further, you can specify additional filter rules, for example “smaller than” or “is empty”. For more information, see Filter Table Window.
2. To apply the filter, choose OK. The list is sorted according to your filter criteria.
3. To remove the filter, choose the (Filter Table) icon.
4. In the Filter Table window, choose the Clear button and OK.
About “Coffee and SAP Business One Tip” video series…
We firmly believe that every challenging time has a silver lining, and #stayinghome might be a great opportunity to sharpen your #SAPBusinessOne skills. We have prepared a list of the best Free SAP and Consensus online resources to SAPBusinessOne. We are also meeting you for an online coffee and one SAP Business One tip everyday at 9.30 am EST on Youtube Live. Please subscribe to our Youtube channel and activate notifications so you can join us every morning! We have also created a playlist in YouTube with all the recordings so you can whatch them at any time.